We place a very strong emphasis on the development of middot tovot and a healthy character in each and every student of all ages. We see this as paramount, and the very foundation upon which all other learning is built. This is accomplished through our middot program, Successful Me, in which students are introduced to a new middah each month. The school-wide concentration on that middah then takes on four forms:
- The focus of every classroom includes the Middah of the Month
- Staff is on the look-out to "catch" students exemplifying the middah and praise them for it
- Postcards are sent home each week to the parents of students who have stood out in their practice of the middah, letting them know how proud we are
- At the end of the month, teachers select a winner from each class who best personified the middah. Those winners are then presented with a certificate, and their picture hangs on our Wall of Fame until it is mailed home with a nice cover letter for the parents to enjoy
The middot of the Successful Me program include:
- Vatranut/"Give In To Get Along"
- Hakarat Hatov/Appreciation
Additionally, our school partners with the Chofetz Chaim Heritage Foundation to incorporate full character development and careful speech curricula into our program as well.
Finally, we are committed to forming an unshakable partnership with you, the parents, to ensure the implementation of this immensely important area of growth. We cherish the opportunity to work with you to help your children grow!